The Marine Mammal Emergencies call centre remains active as usual, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. If you observe a whale or seal that is at risk or dead, call us at 1-877 -722-5346.
The Quebec Marine Mammal Emergency Response Network is assessing its capabilities and strategy for responding to incidents involving vulnerable or dead marine mammals as the COVID-19 pandemic situation continues to evolve. In order for us to continue our mission, the health and safety of our workers is of primary importance.
When should you call 1-877-722-5346?
- f you see a stranded whale, whether alive or dead
- If you see a whale or seal carcass
- If you see a whale entangled in fishing gear
- If you see an injured whale or seal in the water or on shore
- If you see a whale or seal being harassed or disturbed by humans
- If you see a whale or seal outside its usual range
Before attempting any intervention, contact 1-877-722-5346. A poorly executed intervention can have serious consequences for the animal and/or the responder. The person who takes your call will ask you questions to gather information about the case and attempt to identify the species in question. He or she may ask you to send any photos you might have.